|Job title:||IT/Tech Content Specialist|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||5 to 8 years|
|Job published:||09 March 2022|
|Job reference no:||1434494335|
A remote opportunity for a full time, experienced content specialist to work across a number of customers in the tech space.
Responsibilities will include:
- Interpret client briefs in order to align and clearly articulate the creative job to be done
- Reviewing customer material at the start of a project.
- Liaising with customers
- Seamlessly managing and switching between multiple customer projects
- Creation of messaging and content plans and strategies across a number of content types i.e. emails, eBooks, blogs, websites, social media etc.
- Briefing and managing a team of writers
- Adhering to customer brand and style guidelines
- Work towards becoming the agency expert on the customer, their products and services.
- Reviewing written content against brief, messaging and content plan
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, communications or similar, or commensurate work experience
- A background in tech journalism, corporate tech and / or tech PR
- Minimum of 7 years' experience, preferably in a PR, digital marketing or creative agency
- A solid understanding of the B2B enterprise tech and channel marketing space, with knowledge around key industry offers like cloud, security, automation, storage, infrastructure, AI, voice, digital transformation and more.
- A working knowledge of a wide variety of content forms and types, with an eye on best practice and emerging trends
- An understanding of digital marketing and performance marketing campaign requirements and tactics, including the range of channels available
- An understanding of customer journey planning
- Experience juggling multiple projects and competing tasks simultaneously
- The ability to take a mass of data and distil it into clear, effective briefs for writers.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Writing, proofreading and editing skills
- Excellent time management skills
- A sharp, interrogative mindset, able to cut through the complexity of clients’ information to create succinct, clear messages that work across a range of content types.
- A copy editor’s eye for detail when reviewing final material.
- Must be professional and good with clients
- Must be comfortable managing a team of writers
- Must be comfortable with both editorial and marketing / sales / ad type copy, as well as copy for content like scripts and podcasts
- Attention to detail
- Solutions driven
- Comfortable working to tight deadlines in a fast-paced, pressured environment
- Thoughtful individual who is able to think strategically and is not afraid to ask tough questions
- Team player
- Must be proficient with MS Office (Word, Outlook etc.)
- Experience using Teams, Asana and SharePoint an advantage
- Willing to attend client / customer meetings outside of regular business hours (to allow for occasional US customer calls).
The successful candidate will work remotely but must be available during South African and UK business hours.