|Job title:||Design Team Leader|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||8 to 10 years|
|Salary:||R45000 to R50000|
|Job published:||15 December 2021|
|Job reference no:||3084225262|
A fast-growing healthcare company is looking for a Design Team Lead who will be responsible for shaping established brands and managing, mentoring, and developing a creative design team.
The successful incumbent will not only lead the Group’s design experts but will also be a key contributor in designing outputs that will set the Group apart.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Translate business goals into innovative, meaningful, and differentiated digital, interactive, and social brand experiences.
- Work from internal briefs to generate ideas/concepts to present and implement and produce effective onsite and offsite campaigns in line with company objectives.
- Work closely with clients and internal stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of high-quality, assured, and creative brand guidelines.
- Quality control of all Design Team creative outputs in line with brand standards, including proofing and reviewing deliverables and project processes.
- Develop independent instructions for designers working with specific brands and different end dates.
- Prototype designs to make sure they are working correctly and are impactful.
- Write comprehensive technical yet user-friendly content in English.
- Independently lead a team of designers providing support and sharing your experience and expertise.
- Assign special projects to special designers, important projects allocated to the most skilled designers.
- Craft and implement website design with a solid understanding of the nuances across desktop, tablet, and mobile.
- Contribute to multiple projects while managing and respecting the time and budget constraints.
- Present ideas and concepts to stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Analyse the market through focused research and identify current trends and present competitive data as it relates to the Design Studio.
- Key contributor in creating designs with the Design Team.
- Quality control of printed collateral and the ensuring client receives delivery.
- Maintain and grow good working relationships with suppliers - ensuring best price, BEE score, quality finished products, turn-around times, and other expected service levels are adhered to.
- Quotes and invoicing – source and obtain sign-off on quotes, process invoices for work completed, and pass on to Finance dept. with necessary documents and authorisations to help facilitate the payment of suppliers.
Minimum qualification and experience required:
- Graphic Design degree plus advance course in design.
- At least 8-years of experience in designing and working with brand guidelines to formulate a brand's advanced visual language.
- Work directly with Clients by presenting and discussing your ideas and solutions. The candidate must have a solid background in both print and digital design.
Mandatory Computer Literacy:
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, XD, Acrobat)
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook/email, MS Explorer / Internet, PowerPoint, Website design in WordPress with Divi theme builder