|Job title:||Head of Content|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||8 to 10 years|
|Job published:||22 January 2021|
|Job reference no:||1865045310|
This role of the Head of Content requires the skills of an experienced content manager with solid agency and digital content experience, but also someone who has a has good experience in the publishing/media industry.
It revolves around oversight of the activities of the content department, topic generation, as well as working with closely with the content team in the creation of excellent day to day experiences for the consumers and other audiences through the content.
- Education: The Head of Content management must possess a Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Business Administration, English, Public Relations, International Relations, Information Technology, Law, Psychology, or any other related field. A working experience of the equivalent is also acceptable.
- Experience: A suitable candidate will have had experience of over 10 years working in a high ranking position in the field of communications, preferably as a Senior Content Editor or Senior Content Marketer. He / she will also have had experience in the management of a team, leading that team to successful accomplishment of its goals. The Head of Content must be an individual who has additionally had vast experience and success driving and managing social media strategies for a business in a highly competitive environment.
- Communication: The candidate for this position must demonstrate exceptional communication skills, both in written and verbal form. In his leadership capacity, the effectiveness of his department will be to the extent that there is clear communication and conveyance of important information from the top down. The Head of Content will also have a strong ability to engage and persuade varying audiences even on technical subjects. Also, the Head of Content needs to demonstrate an ability to clearly present complex business strategies concisely and persuasively to executives such as the Director of Communications and key stakeholders.
- Leadership: The Head of Content must also possess strong leadership skills if he is to lead the content team to successful completion of its objectives. The Head of Content will have the capacity to manage internal and external meetings, have a strong understanding of management and communications competencies, and demonstrate an ability to drive a business’s culture through a department and have personnel work towards a unified vision.
- Technological Savvy: The position of Head of Content is very much technologically inclined and for this reason, the Head of Content must demonstrate a keen interest and competency in technology, technological appliances, and relevant softwares. The Head of Content will additionally be highly knowledgeable on the best social media practices will have vast knowledge in the workings and navigation of key social media platforms as well as the competitive and regulatory landscapes of each of those platforms.
- Analytical Skills: A suitable candidate will portray strong analytical skills, showing deep interest in research and analysis of business related content. The Head of Content will have the ability to calculate ROI on every bit of content produced by the business. He will also possess the ability to interpret website, blog, and social media data in gauging success of the business’s content and campaigns, and communicating meaningful results to communications executives. He will have an ability to transform raw information and data into intelligence, and that intelligence into action.
- Interpersonal Skills: The interpersonal skills that a candidate for this position must possess are; exceptional collaboration skills, having time consciousness and being able to finalize projects within given time-frames, exceptional organization and multitasking skills, having an ability to prioritize tasks, being commercially driven with a desire to increase the consumer base through great content output.
- People Skills: The position being highly interactive, demands that the Head of Content be a highly relatable individual with the ability to engage easily with people and build strong and long lasting relationships especially with key individuals such as media personnel, senior executives and stakeholders, research partners, and the consumers.